Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Setting Up Syslog Logging

router1# config t
Here I say I need to log everything from Emergencies to Informational
router1(config)# logging trap information
Here I say I need to log to the syslog server 192.168.1.1
router1(config)# logging 192.168.1.1
Here I say the syslog server to log all events from router1 to local6 facility.
router1(config)# logging facility local6
Here I say I need to send the syslog info through eth0.
router1(config)# logging source-interface eth 0
router1(config)# exit



router1# local6.debug /var/log/router.log

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent information, your blog is proving out to be a treasure trove of information for me, bookmarking it for future refrence, Now I can learn what my network installation providers do, though I love there work its good to know how its done too!

    ReplyDelete